The upside is that all I'm really capable of doing is reading and sleeping, and watching the occasional movie. And that means I get to read almost ALL THE TIME. For a woman like me with a way-too-busy normal life this is a huge treat.
When I was recuperating from my back surgery two years ago, I did the same. I wrote a review on this blog of each book I read. I'm already behind schedule, but I hope to catch up, at least for the books that I really loved.
So far I have read the following novels:
- Wrath of Shiva and Last Call for Justice by Susan Oleksiw
- Deadly Offer by Vicki Doudera
- Retirement Homes are Murder by Mike Befeler
- Purgatory Chasm by Steve Ulfelder
- Lie Down With the Devil by Linda Barnes
- A Plain Death by Amanda Flower
- Shadows of A Down East Summer by Lea Wait
- Pies and Prejudice by Ellery Adams
Short stories and novellas include the following:
- The Monday Night Needlework and Murder Guild by Kathleen Valentine
- "The Rising of the Moon" and "Dead Letters" by Sheila Connolly
I'm even reading some non-fiction:
- The Orchard, a memoir of Ipswich by Adele Crockett Robertson
- What the Dog Saw by Malcolm Gladwell
So stay tuned for reviews!