Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Time of Recuperation

My posts have become less frequent lately. I've been dealing with back-pain issues and am coming up to spinal fusion surgery next week. It's a carefully considered decision and a weighty one. But posts will likely remain infrequent for a few more weeks.

On the other hand, I'll have several days in the hospital during which I can take notes for a future story or scene. The pad of paper and pen are already packed.

During the following weeks of home rest, I have serious plans to catch up on my To Be Re
ad stack of mysteries, and to catch up movies I have missed, too. My son explored the Ipswich library's stash of DVDs yesterday and found some good ones. The doctor recommends walking, so a little stroll to the library will be on my agenda as soon as I can. Luckily, it's just up the hill. Our new Ipswich bookstore, the Book Nook, has its grand opening on April 2. I should be able to stroll downtown for that, too.

Who knows, I might be able to work on my ice-fishing story for the Guppies anthology or write some more scene
s on the second Lauren Rousseau mystery, this one a fictional account of murderous local politics set partially at our local Crane Beach and the Castle Hill mansion that overlooks the beach.

Having been blessed with a Glass-is-Almost-Always-More-Than-Half-Full personality, I believe that maintaining a positive attitude is good for health, both mental and physical. So I'm determined to make the best of my six weeks away from paid work. I'll post news here when I'm able.

No comments:

Post a Comment